So....what happens on the actual day?
|The start of Coastrek is always SUPER exciting.
Just remember PRIOR to event day:
IMPORTANT TRACK NOTE CHANGE: 100k and 50k Night Teams -
due to a track closure on South Head, Checkpoint 21 has been
relocated - the updated Event Maps are now available under Plan &
Train/Event Maps and will be issued to you on the day. Please
read the notes to familiarise yourself with this change.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The St Johns number
has been changed to 0414 376 615. Save it in your
ALL EVENTS start
FRIDAY 1st MARCH 2013
Please bring with
- Your Team Name, Bib Number and
- Signed Risk Waiver by all 4 team members
- Compulsory & recommended gear: head torches,
fluro/reflective vests, basic first aid, fluid & food, mobile
phones and a suitable waterproof case or cover for your map books
which are on A4 paper.
On arrival: (one hour prior to your start wave
- If you arrive after your wave registration is closed you will
asked to start in the next wave, however your timing device will
automatically be linked to your original wave - so if your official
event time is important to you - BE ON TIME!
- You cannot change events or start
- Any last minute team member changes go to the" Team Change
Desk" prior to registration.
- All 4 Team Members MUST present to the Registration Marshal,
after which 1 team member will complete the registration process,
dropping off the completed and signed Team Risk Waiver/Medical Form,
collecting bibs, safety pins, map booklet (A4 paper: remember to
bring a waterproof case or suitable cover) and team timing device
[Card (50km) or Stick (100km)]
- Once registered please proceed to the start line 10 minutes
before your wave start for a safety briefing
- We'll have coffee vans ready to make you a great cofffee!
100km - PALM BEACH
Wave 1 - 6.00am: Registration
opens 5.00am / closes 5.45am
50km DAY - PALM
Wave 2 - 6.30am: Registration
opens 5.30am /closes 6.15am
Wave 3 - 7.00am: Registration
opens 6.00am / closes 6.45am
Wave 4 - 7.30am: Registration
opens 6.30am / closes 7.15am
Wave 5 - 8.00am: Registration
opens 7.00am / closes 7.45am
50km NIGHT -
Wave 6 - 6.00pm: Registration
opens 5.00pm / closes 5.45pm
On the route:
- Bibs MUST be worn on your front.(This is for
your safety and for our volunteers to identify your team).
- The route is NOT marked. Use your maps and track notes.
- You must activate your timing device at all checkpoint's along
the route (clearly marked in map booklet).
- Checkpoints are marked with orange/white flags with a blue CP
Control station to punch/swipe your timing device.
- There are 11 checkpoints in the Day 50km, 11 in the Night
50km, 22 in total for the 100km teams.
- There are manned checkpoint's at 25km (Long Reef), 50km
(Balmoral), 75km (Rose Bay) and 100km (Coogee).
- All 4 team members must cross the finish and hand in their
timing device with all checkpoints recorded to receive a finish
time and to be eligible for a category place.
- If you lose your timing device or forget to hand it in either
at a manned checkpoint if withdrawing or at the finish line, you
will be liable for a $100 replacement fee.
- If a team member withdraws, you must call
Coastrek HQ (No. on your bib)
Coastrek Manned Checkpoint supplies and
We provide manned checkpoints at:
- Long Reef (25km)
- Balmoral (Day 50km finish / Night 50km
- Rose Bay (25km/75km)
- Coogee (Night 50km / 100km finish)
We use these checkpoints to record your team's progress and to
provide a rest area to meet your support teams, pick-up basic
snacks and water refills. These checkpoints are also a place
to receive first aid if needed and provide access to emergency
services. They are where you'll meet our friendly volunteers
cheering you on!
All four manned Checkpoints will have the
First aid:First aid services are provided by St
John's at every manned checkpoint.
Toilets:Toilet facilities or portaloos are
available at all manned checkpoints
Coffee: Coffee vans will be at Palm Beach
Registration and Coogeee finish, also Kiosk/cafes at manned
check-points at Long Reef, Balmoral and Rose Bay (normal trading
Water and hydration: Drinking water, &
re-hydration fluids will be available at each manned checkpoint as
well as hot water and hot drinks at Balmoral, Rose Bay and Coogee.
Remember to only use food and hydration products you
have practised with during training.
Food and drink:We offer fruit, minimal snacks
and drinks at the manned checkpoints for use by trekkers only.
It is your support crew that will provide you with anything
you may need and are not carrying yourself on the day.