Who doesn't love chocolate? And it's even better when it's homemade.
This delicious, nutrient-dense snack is perfect for wilderness adventures or as a nourishing after-dinner treat that will both satisfy your chocolate craving and make you feel amazing! All those antioxidants!
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 400g roasted macadamias (or nuts/dried fruit of your choice)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (the lower the better, as heat can destroy the nutritional benefits of cacao and honey). Once melted, remove from heat, add the honey and stir. Then add cacao and vanilla and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour into a large, flat tray (I used an oven dish) covered with baking paper. The goal is to make the chocolate mixture less that 1cm thick. Sprinkle nuts all over chocolate.
- Put in fridge for 2 hours or until completely solid.
- Break into peices.
- Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy!
Some nice variations include: goji berries, roasted coconut, slivered almonds, freeze-dried strawberries.