This banana bread is healthy, filling and crazy delicious. Enjoy it atop a cliff during training or with coffee after an awesome workout!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut oil or butter (I use coconut oil)
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped (you can roast them to add more flavour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp raw honey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper
- In a mix master or with beaters, cream the coconut oil, honey, eggs and vanilla
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, walnuts and baking powder
- Add the coconut oil mixture and the mashed bananas and stir until combined
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tim, sprinkle with extra walnuts and place in the oven for 40 -50 mins or until it springs back when you lightly touch the top
- Allow to cool before you turn out
- For bonus deliciousness, drizzle dark chocolate on top and then slice and serve!
Note: Want some fun variations? Swap one banana for one cup of blueberries or raspberries to make it berry-licious. Add 4-5 medjool dates to the mix for a banana and date loaf. Or, if you're feeling frisky, add dark chocolate chips!
A big thank you to our amazing coach Maryanne for this delicious recipe. Maryanne coaches Trek Training in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings. Check out her sessions here.