By Bella Westaway
We may not be going away at Easter, but that doesn't mean we can't still experience a little joy this long weekend.
It's the perfect time to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of cocoa to get a good dose of chocolately goodness.
If you're a fan of chocolate (let's face it, who isn't?) you're going to LOVE this recipe.
Its main ingredient is cacao, which is full of antioxidents, protecting the body from ageing and disease caused by free radicals. It is also rich in magnesium, which supports the nervous system, and sulfur, which is great for skin, hair and nails.
Plus, it's rich, creamy and will make you feel amazing! It's the perfect chocolatey treat this Easter.
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- A couple drops of vanilla essence (or half a vanilla bean, split and scraped)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (I like coconut or macadamia, but you can use any milk you like)
- Maple syrup or honey, to taste
- A tablespoon of nut butter, if you're feeling frisky and want it to be extra filling
- Add milk to a saucepan and begin to warm
- Add cacao, maca, vanilla and cinnamon and stir through until mixed and heated
- Add sweetener to taste
- If you can be bothered (or if you added nut butter), blend with a stick blender to froth up
- Pour into a cup and ENJOY the deliciousness
Want recipes like this in your inbox every Friday? Subscribe to to the Wild Women Weekly.